This week has been all about the writing. After getting over the hurdle of my first History paper, and treading water by preparing myself just enough for my classes (readings...). I was so stressed out last week about the pending deadlines that I seem to have psycho-somatically hurt my back. I'm sleeping on the floor to fix/straighten my back. Long hours hunched over my tiny laptop have done their damage. Rediscovered my love for writing once I could focus on writing the Philosophy assignment. Now I'm worried that I'm writing two papers, not one (it's currently 1000 words over the limit).
- PMB update
- Stand out moments of the week
- Dictation of Thoughts
- Imp – P1 Set 1000 words writing piece goal per week. Easily surpassed this requirement this week.
- P1 –> P2 Night walk to record my Dictation of Thoughts. This has been a good way to clarify what I’m writing. It’s ‘editing brain’ when I listen back to it.
- P2 -> Mastery Set aside time to do writing. Not a problem at all this week. It’s become a huge priority. Let’s see if I can maintain it in the weeks after deadlines pass.
Problems – (Same problems as last week).
- My back is really in pain! Since Swimming last Friday
- I’ve taken to sleeping on the floor and lying on the floor to relieve my shoulders
- My philosophy paper is 1500 words over the limit
- I think I am writing two papers worth of arguments in one but clarifying and separating them is difficult
- so glad for academia.edu, which allows me to check what other academics are working on
- Erickson, Comitas, Fantuzzo for being fantastic teachers and supportive
- Laverty for the nostalgic remembrances we share about Melbourne via email
- Paul Kelly revival in my headphones
- Vic for the constant shoulder massages and thinking about dinner plans
- Erickson for responding to my first paper in time for me to think through my other submissions
- Green tea – which is much better for anxious sipping at 2am. It calms and focuses me.
- Coffee for kick-starting my brain each day.
- Tanchuk for the Logic club meet-up which is starting to make more sense to me.
- Submitted my first history paper in about a decade (!) and got positive feedback
- Met Drew Coles at the Student Senate and Student Orgs dinner, proposed TCPS future
- Connected with the Future China Institute students
- Went to the Rai Gaita talk at New School
- Wrote plenty for myself to edit through for my Philosophy paper
- made a new friend – Margaret Ferrec, the photographer at Gaita talk
Stand out moments of the week
Dictation of Thoughts